Spa hotels and health spas have become a fixture of the English countryside, and we are fortunate to have so many amazing spa resorts and relaxation centres at our disposal. If you’re looking for a retreat from the stresses of everyday life and a chance to relax and be pampered, a spa break could be exactly what you need.
Types of Spas
There are dozens of different types of spas, each providing a unique combination of services and its own distinct atmosphere:
- Health Spas: From hydrotherapy to massage to facials, health spas run the entire gamut of medical and alternative health treatments. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing and restorative vacation or just need some motivation to improve your health, detoxify, and exercise more often, health spas will provide what you need.
- Spa Hotels and Destinations: Many of the most famous spas have built their reputations around their luxurious destinations. For the ultimate spa break, there’s nothing like a peaceful retreat in a beautiful countryside.
- Ayurveda Spa Resorts: Ayurveda is an ancient school of medicine from Asia, focused on boosting the immune system and the flow of energy throughout the body. These spas offer a range of classes, nutritional programs, and treatments for all levels of knowledge.
- Relaxation Spas: Looking for a place to rest, catch up on sleep, swim and sunbathe, and maybe catch a massage or a yoga class? Relaxation spas are just the ticket.
- Speciality Spas: You’ll also find dozens of speciality spas, everything from meditation and spiritual retreats to hi-tech medical spas offering therapies and cures.
What Can You Do at a Spa?
Whether you’re interested in nature, exercise, healthy eating, or treatments like massage, physical therapies, and facials, there’s something for everyone at UK spa hotels. Customize your own holiday by choosing the spa that suits your needs and interests, and enjoy a relaxing day – or week – away from home on the restful retreat of your choice.
If you’re looking for great spa deals, browse our spa recommendations at 5pm.co.uk for all the information you need about spa services, bookings, hot deals, and more.