All equipment provided
Great for birthday/stag/hen groups
Adventurous gift idea
Spending time with family and friends is fantastic, especially during the summer holidays.
However, after two weeks exploring only as far as the bottom of the Quality Street tin, the more adventurous among us might crave the prospect of something more exciting.
Crank up the thrillometer with this Big Deal on an exciting canyoning trip with Action Adventure Activities.
This challenging activity would make a wonderful present for the adventurer in your life.
- If you are looking for adrenaline-pumping excitement in Scotland’s great outdoors, then this Big Deal has a wet suit with your name on it.
- Options one and two of today’s Big Deal is for canyoning, an action-packed outdoor activity that involves scrambling down rivers; floating down water flumes; wading through rock pools and loads of different watery jumps to test your mettle.
Go adventure canyoning
- If you want to push yourself a little farther out of your comfort zone, options three and four offer Adventure canyoning, a slightly more daring and adventurous experience.
- Your instructor promises to literally throw you in at the deep end (with some words of encouragement, of course) and then from there they will gradually build-up to the grand finale of an abseil, rock climb & jump.
- This option is suitable for ages sixteen and upwards.
- Note, adventure canyoning is available on the last Saturday of the month only.
- Depending on availability, it may be possible for large groups to book other days.
- For an idea of what to expect on the day, take a look here.
- Canyoning trips take place on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.
- Based deep in Braveheart country on the edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Action Adventure Activities have over 30 years experience in the Scottish hospitality industry and staff have a wealth of experience in many outdoor pursuits.
- They will provide wet suits, buoyancy aids and helmets for your adventure.
TripAdvisor is not short of reviews like this from people who took the plunge with Action Adventure Activities:
‘Had a great afternoon out canyoning with a group of friends. Started with a small jump into the water and a rock slide to get our eye in before moving down-stream and tackling bigger and higher jumps and clambering over rocks! Dave our instructor was easy-going and helpful and made sure everyone had a great time. And even though the rain came on it was still really fun! Would definitely go back again!’
The Big Deal option 1 is for 1 person to experience a canyoning trip. Available 01.05.21 until 31.07.21
Option 2 is for 2 people to experience a canyoning trip. Available 01.05.21 until 31.07.21
Option 3 is for 1 person to experience an adventure canyoning trip. Includes a rock climbing section + abseil down into the water. Available 01.05.21 until 30.09.21
Option 4 is for 2 people to experience an adventure canyoning trip. Includes a rock climbing section + abseil down into the water. Available 01.05.21 until 30.09.21
Options 1 & 2 are available 10am or 2pm on Saturdays, Sundays & Bank Holidays.
Options 3 & 4 are available at 2pm on the last Saturday of the month.
Larger groups may be able to book for other days, please discuss directly with Action Adventure Activities.
Wetsuits and safety equipment included.
You must arrive 45 minutes prior to start time.
Options 1 & 2 last around 3 hours with approx. 1.5 hours at the water.
Options 3 & 4 last around 3-4 hours with approx. 2.5 hours at the water.
Total experience time includes travel to and from the canyon.
Deal must be booked & used before expiry date.
One change is permitted per booking and must be made at least 7 days in advance. Any further changes or changes made within 7 days of the booking will incur a charge of £15 per person, payable directly to Action Adventure Activities.
Minimum group size 8 people. Smaller groups will be combined with other participants.
Options 1 & 2 are suitable for ages 12+.
Options 3 & 4 are suitable for ages 16+.
Under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult.
Maximum weight 18 stone.
Remember to bring strong lace-up shoes or trainers for walking in the water; a swim costume/shorts to go under the wetsuit and a large towel.
Free BBQ facilities are available for groups of 12 and over.
Due to the rural location of Action Adventure Activities purchase is not recommended if public transport would be required.
Expiry dates are provisional depending on extensions being required due to COVID restrictions and guidelines.
Action Adventure Activities have contingencies in place to ensure activities can run in 2021, however this may include alterations to the format of activities. This may include duration, transport arrangements to offsite venues, changes to max or min group size. For any changes or updates to activities please check Action Adventure Activities Facebook page.
Subject to availability and allocation. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 19.10.20.
Please refer to our T&Cs for full information.