Intro to canoeing, kayaking and paddleboarding
Available for 1, 2 or 4 people
Perfect gift for adventure lovers
Ever fancied a go at canoeing or kayaking or even paddleboarding but couldn’t make your mind up as to which one to choose? Then this activity is ideal for you. You will get the opportunity to try out all three crafts with a little guidance and help from the friendly, experienced instructors.
Brought to you by Action Adventure Activities near Gartmore, on the edge of the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park, this paddle sports experience would make an outstanding gift.
Lasting approximately one hour on the water, it is available for one person, two people or a family (one adult and three children or two adults and two children), meaning it could be a group present too.
- A great introduction to kayaking, canoeing and the very hip sport of paddleboarding, your trip is based at Action Adventure Activities’ farm near Gartmore, on their own private lochan.
- The area’s spectacular landscape of mountains and lochs provides an atmospheric backdrop for this experience.
- You will be shown the basics of the different sports, with guidance from an expert instructor.
- Based deep in Braveheart country on the edge of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Action Adventure Activities have spent over 30 years in the Scottish hospitality industry and the staff have a wealth of experience in numerous outdoor pursuits.
- Safety is their prime concern so, when you take to the water, you know you are in good hands.
- Paddleboarding is a variation on the traditional Pacific sport of surfing. In this sport, stand up paddle boarders remain upright on their boards and use a paddle to propel themselves through the water.
- The sport is on the crest of a wave in the States, where this traditional Hawaiian activity has become an outdoor pursuit as popular with hipsters as it is with families.
- With this offer, you will be able to learn canoeing and kayaking skills from the experienced instructors while enjoying the scenery from a new perspective.
- There is a minimum age of six for this Big Deal. All under eighteens must be accompanied by a participating adult.
- All craft, wetsuits, buoyancy aids provided.
Lots of visitors have been keen to tell TripAdvisor of their experiences with Action Adventure Activities:
‘Paddle boarding, kayaking and canoeing. There were three of us among a group of eleven, swapping between the three types of craft. Instructor was very friendly and helpful. Had a great time on the water; current and wind making it a challenge. Would recommend this to anyone who likes having fun and getting wet.’
Valid from 01.05.21 until 31.07.21.
Available at 11am or 2:30pm on Saturday & Sunday and bank holidays.
Also available outwith these dates for groups of min 8 only – please enquire directly.
The Big Deal option 1 is for 1 person to have a paddle sports experience, including paddleboarding, canoeing and kayaking.
Option 2 is for 2 people.
Option 3 is for a family of 1 adult & 3 children or 2 adults & 2 children.
Experience will last approx 60-90 minutes on the water.
Please arrive at least 45 minutes before your session starts.
The minimum age is 6 for this deal. All under 18s must be accompanied by a participating adult.
Younger participants must be in a canoe or sit on top kayak with an adult & may only use a paddleboard at the instructors’ discretion.
Wet suits (feel free to bring your own) and buoyancy aids will be provided.
Remember to bring strong lace-up shoes or trainers for walking in the water; a swim costume/shorts to go under the wetsuit and a large towel.
Minimum of 8 participants per session, maximum of 18.
Max weight 18 stone.
Advance booking required.
One change is permitted per booking and must be made at least 7 days in advance. Any further changes or changes made within 7 days of the booking will incur a charge of £15 per person, payable directly to Action Adventure Activities.
Deal must be booked & used before expiry date.
Free BBQ facilities are available for groups of 12 and over.
Due to the rural location of Action Adventure Activities purchase is not recommended if public transport would be required.
Expiry dates are provisional depending on extensions being required due to COVID restrictions and guidelines.
Action Adventure Activities have contingencies in place to ensure activities can run in 2021, however this may include alterations to the format of activities. This may include duration, transport arrangements to offsite venues, changes to max or min group size. For any changes or updates to activities please check Action Adventure Activities Facebook page.
Subject to availability and allocation. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 19.10.20.
Please refer to our T&Cs for full information.