A cocktail that includes a bit of fizz is one of the best combinations to hit a glass. Pretty fine by itself, it reaches another level when it is the prelude to an exquisite meal.
Don’t take our word for it – try it yourself with today’s Big Deal with Glenskirlie Castle.
Set in beautifully landscaped gardens, Glenskirlie Castle is located near Banknock.
Located just twenty minutes from Glasgow, forty from Edinburgh and fifteen from Stirling, it is very convenient for anyone in the Central Belt.
Scottish ingredients cooked with flair
- The award-winning kitchen prepares everything fresh and in-house with Scottish ingredients taking pride of place on the menus.
- Starting with a refreshing fizz cocktail, today’s Big Deal is for a four course lunch or dinner for two from the market menu at Glenskirlie.
- By popular demand the fine dining Restaurant and the Grill at Glenskirlie have become one, so that customers dining together may enjoy a broader range of dishes.
- The dishes on the menu change regularly depending on what is in season, but the following are typical inclusions.
Hot soup with warm bread & butter
Haggis bon bons with mustard mayo & rocket salad
Cheddar cheese & leek tartlet with Waldorf salad
Chicken liver pate, red berry preserve & oatcakes
Rolled shin of beef, fondant potato, hot buttered vegetables and red wine & thyme jus
Breast of chicken, Dauphinoise potatoes, winter vegetables & monkey gland sauce
Fillet of salmon, winter greens, fondant potato and white wine, lemon & dill cream
Penne pasta with roasted winter vegetables & pomodoro sauce
Sticky toffee pudding, butterscotch sauce and vanilla ice cream
Cheesecake of the day, Chantilly cream and seasonal compote
White chocolate ice cream with rich chocolate sauce and choc chip cookies
Banana parfait, Baileys salted caramel and praline cream
- The four course menu also includes a pre-dessert and coffee to follow.
- Diners at Glenskirlie Castle have been very forthcoming with their praise on TripAdvisor. Here is a recent review:
‘Top class food with lovely friendly staff. Superb presentation and lots of choices.’