Appetisers + small plates
Bottle of sparkling wine to share
Contemporary Indian restaurant
Fun night out
Choice to sit in or takeaway
Horn Please, the name of the Indian tapas restaurant on Elderslie Street, has long been a mystery. That’s because no one knows what it actually means*.
Many have consulted with oracles, hermits and assorted bearded sorcerers, but the answer still eludes them.
All that they know is that Horn Please specialises in playful, tasty Indian tapas food, making it a fun eating spot for two.
- *OK, confession time. We actually do know what Horn Please means – it’s named after the ubiquitous stickers found on Indian trucks.
- Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s focus on what really matters – the food. Horn Please serves an intriguing menu mixing traditional Indian street food with contemporary tapas to create its own culinary fusion.
- This Big Deal is for two appetisers, four small plates, bread and a bottle of sparkling wine to share between two. Option 1 is to sit in the restaurant, and option 2 is to takeaway.
- Mini poppadoms with mango, tamarind & date, tomato & black onion seed chutney
- Pimiento de la vera samosa with broccoli, paneer, sweetcorn, courgette spaghetti
- Filo parcels with spring onion, petit pois, green chilli, mint
- Chicken pakora & masala aubergine fritter
- Vegetable pakora, tomato & black onion seed chutney
- Small plates
- Croquettes with dal makhni, basmatti rice, apple compote, nuts, raisins
- Crepes with paneer, capsicum, baby potatoes
- Spinach & paneer pastry with roasted butternut squash puree, pudina chutney
- Gram flour yoghurt curry with pilau rice, vegetable pakora, masala okra
- Tandoori chicken with chilli pumpkin pickle, turmeric, sesame, nigella seeds
- Grilled chicken tikka with white butter & sauteed garlic gravy, fried prosciutto ham
- Red chilli squid with fenugreek, roasted cauliflower, asparagus, Mughlai korma sauce
- Lamb curry, potato, almonds, cilantro, Basmati rice
- Boneless masala chicken curry, Basmati rice
- Paneer, capsicum, baby potato, puri bread
- Plain or stuffed Paratha
- Plain or garlic naan
Horn Please has enjoyed positive reviews on Trip Advisor, including the following:
‘Food is excellent & service very helpful & attentive. Fantastic price for the quality of the meal & the cocktails, which were fab! Can’t wait to go back.’ Rating 5/5
Valid from 07.08.20 until 30.09.20.
The Big Deal is for 2 people to share an Indian tapas meal of 2 appetisers, 4 small plates, bread & bottle of sparkling wine.
Option 1 is for takeaway, available at the following times:
Advance telephone booking of at least 2 hours required for takeaway orders.
Option 2 is for sit-in, available at the following times:
Advance online booking of at least 48 hours required via 5pm Online Redemption for sit-in.
Alcohol may be substituted with soft drinks.
Vegetarian, vegan & gluten/wheat/dairy free options are available – please advise the restaurant at time of ordering takeaway or ahead of sit-in booking.
48 hour cancellation policy applies. Failure to provide sufficient notice may invalidate purchase.
Multiple purchases permitted and may be used as gifts. Max table size 2 people for sit-in.
Tables to be returned after 1 hour 30 minutes.
Sorry, there is no wheelchair access at the restaurant.
No children permitted at restaurant.
Purchases cannot be transferred between options.
Printed or electronic copy of order email must be presented on arrival at restaurant.
Subject to availability. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 31.07.20.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.