If you are stuck for the ideal place to go, tucking into yummy Scottish-influenced food amongst the chic surroundings of Princes Square is a fail safe winner.
With options to plump for a main course only or to add a bottle of wine, this deal would make a great treat for you and a friend.
It’s available Friday and Saturday, the perfect end-of-week catch up period.
Main course with wine
- Option one is for two people to enjoy a main course each. Option two adds a bottle of wine to share.
- The deal is available to enjoy from 5pm to 7.15pm on Fridays, and 5pm to 8pm on Saturdays, until the end of October.
- Located on the second floor of Princes Square on Glasgow’s Buchanan Street, Cranachan is an inviting mix of modern design, with Antler chandeliers and walls decorated by Glasgow’s famous Timorous Beasties, and locally-produced food.
- Scottish influences can be seen throughout the main courses on the menu, such as the Isle of Arran smoked cheddar used in the macaroni and cheese, and the 100% Scottish beef used in the burger.
- The menu is subject to change, but your choices will look something like this:
- Beer battered haddock – Lost lager battered haddock, chunky chips, homemade tartare sauce, mushy peas and lemon
- Cranachan curry – South East Indian garlic and chilli curry served with warm homemade flatbread, basmati rice and chutney – vegetable, chicken or prawn (£2 supplement for prawns)
- Kedgeree risotto – curried smoked haddock, garden peas, and parsley, topped with a soft poached egg
- Cranachan burger – 100% Scottish beef burger served in a brioche bun with mayonnaise, dressed leaves and fries
- Beetroot squash and goat’s cheese salad – seasonal mixed beets and roast squash with garlic & thyme dressing, topped with goat’s cheese crostini
- Chicken skewers – warm cous cous salad with heather honey glazed chicken skewers and harissa crème fraîche
- Steak frites – 6oz rump steak, served pink with skinny fries and roast tomato (£3 supplement)
Cranachan has garnered many rave reviews from other happy 5pm bookers who have dined there. The restaurant currently has an average rating of over 4.2 stars out of 5 from over 500 reviews on 5pm.
‘Had 2 courses plus a glass of wine last night. I’ve been a few times to Cranachan and the food and service is always exceptional! My favourite dish is the Balmoral chicken which is so tasty!! My partner loves the Cullen skink. Portions are good and I can’t complain about a single thing. Will be returning soon!’