Afternoon tea for 2
Option to add Prosecco or cocktail
Stylish Merchant Square restaurant
Available 7 days
Thoughtful idea for a gift
Afternoon tea makes a tremendous treat.
It provides the chance to let off steam after spending too long with your nearest and dearest.
Think of it as a stress relief treatment that features tea and scones rather than a massage.
Today’s Big Deal on afternoon tea for two comes from Metropolitan Cocktail Bar and Restaurant.
- Located in Merchant Square, Metropolitan has long been a sophisticated spot for a candlelit meal; a well made cocktail or a soothing chocolate brownie and lovely cup of tea.
- On some days, afternoon tea at Metropolitan is served in the balcony restaurant overlooking Merchant Square – a great location for people watching.
Option of Prosecco
- Available from 12.30pm to 2.30pm from Sunday to Friday, and 12.30pm to 1pm on Saturday, this offer is for two people to have afternoon tea. Option two adds a glass of Prosecco for each guest.
- Option three is for afternoon tea for two and a signature Metropolitan cocktail each, and option four is for afternoon tea for two with a bottle of Prosecco to share.
- Afternoon tea at Metropolitan includes a delicious selection of sandwiches – oak-smoked ham with honey mustard mayo; mild cheddar savoury with spring onion and line-caught tuna with mayo, all served on a mixture of brown and white bloomer bread.
- Naturally, there is a selection of sweet treats – think along the lines of chocolate brownies, strawberry tarts and chocolate cups. Tea and coffee is included in all options.
- For Monday to Friday bookings, afternoon tea is served in the Courtyard. Saturday and Sunday bookings will be across the Piano Lounge and Balcony restaurant, which overlooks the square.
Metropolitan Cocktail Bar and Restaurant has a loyal fan base among 5pm customers. At the time of writing, over 1220 diners have given Metropolitan a very strong combined rating of 4.2/5.
This is what a recent customer had to say:
‘The food and service were excellent, had the pre-theatre meal which was great value for money. Will definitely go back.’
Valid from 07.09.20 until 31.03.21.
Bookings must be made by 15.03.21 at latest or risk forfeit of purchase.
Available at the following times:
The Big Deal option 1 is for 2 people to have afternoon tea.
Option 2 is for 2 people to have afternoon tea + glass of Prosecco each.
Option 3 is for 2 people to have afternoon tea + signature Metropolitan cocktail each.
Option 4 is for 2 people to have afternoon tea + bottle of Prosecco to share.
Suitable for vegetarian & gluten/wheat free diets – please advise when booking.
Option 3 includes a signature Metropolitan cocktail each: Stolichnaya raspberry vodka, Lejay Cassis, blackberry, raspberry, cranberry, lime & sugar syrup. Additional cocktails charged at £5 per person, payable directly to restaurant, for the following: Bloody Mary; Met Cosmo; Bellini; Daiquiri; French Martini.
Wednesday & Thursday sittings will be seated in the downstairs Courtyard area. Friday to Tuesday sittings will be served on the balcony restaurant overlooking Merchant Square.
Alcohol may be replaced with a soft drink.
Advance telephone booking required.
24 hour cancellation policy applies. Failure to provide sufficient notice may forfeit purchase.
Tables required back after 1 hour 30 minutes.
Multiple purchases permitted. Maximum 5 purchases (10 customers) per table.
Children welcome until 10pm.
There is limited wheelchair access, no disabled facilities.
Printed or electronic (phone or tablet) copy of order email must be presented on arrival.
Subject to allocation and availability. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 20.08.20.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.