Today’s Big Deal from Finnieston’s fashionable Porter & Rye is big moos.
Dry-aged in-house, the superb beef at Porter & Rye is handpicked from the best farms across the central belt, using sustainable farming methods, offering the most premium of cuts.
The Big Deal is for a 10oz sirloin steak each for two with sauces and sides.
Chic and hip restaurant
- Porter & Rye opened its doors to Finnieston in 2014. It is one of the chic and hip restaurants which have been responsible for the area’s burgeoning culinary reputation over the last few years.
- Intimate and flatteringly dimly lit, it has a stylish decor that is half old school Manhattan steak house and half post-industrial warehouse.
- It is a small space which is cleverly split between the bar and dining areas on the ground floor and mezzanine level. Rockabilly and early rock ‘n’ roll keep the atmosphere lively.
- The offer is for two people to each have a 10oz sirloin steak, as well as a sauce and a side for each diner.
- Popular sides include the truffle salt fries, black garlic mash and the utterly decadent bone marrow mac ‘n’ cheese.
- Choose from a selection of sauces which includes peppercorn and brandy, red wine jus, Béarnaise and salsa verde.
- Porter & Rye gets lots of great reviews on their 5pm Dining page. Variations on ‘best steak’, ‘wonderful steak’ and ‘fantastic steak’ crop up repeatedly. These recent reviews have been edited for length:
‘Best steak ever…booked the Chateaubriand for two on 5pm deal. Lovely service and all agreed we had never tasted a more delicious steak.’ Rating 5/5
‘Will definitely return! Had a fantastic lunch… All of us struggled to think when we had ever had a better steak. All aspects of the meal were delicious and service was prompt and friendly. Will certainly be back…’ Rating 5/5
‘Delicious. Wonderful steak in a great restaurant. Couldn’t ask for more.’ Rating 5/5