Handpicked for you
Explore legends of Glasgow’s music scene
Merchant City or city centre tours
Five star reviews
Fantastic idea for a gift
Handpicked for you – curated deals for 5pm customers
Love Glasgow? Love music?
Make like Aerosmith and walk this way.
Glasgow Music City Tours have collected Glasgow’s musical myths, tall tales and wicked rumours.
Have you heard about the Barrowland star falling on David ‘The Starman’ Bowie?
What about the legend of Lou Reed’s one song Apollo set?
Alex Harvey being Framed? Glasgow council’s punk wars?
Buckle up your blue suede walking shoes and hear the full story with today’s Handpicked Deal from Glasgow Music City Tours.
- Valid for Saturday tours until 24th September, this Big Deal is for two people to take a scheduled two hour tour.
- Choose between the Merchant City Music – Past and Present tour or the Music Mile tour of the city centre. Excludes the Merchant City Music tour on 16th July.
Irreverent and informative tours
- Led by guides with years of experience in Glasgow’s music scene, the tours deliver an irreverent, informative look at the city’s iconic bands, the famous venues they played and the incendiary performances which became legends in their own show time.
- With tales ranging from music hall to modern day, the tours offer something for every music fan, from folkie to punk.
- Of course, guests are encouraged to share their own memories of great gigs. The best stories might just end up in the tours.
Merchant City Music – Past and Present
- Walking the oldest streets of Glasgow, the Merchant City tour has stories of cherished venues such as the mighty Barrowland Ballroom and the venerable Britannia Panopticon – the world’s oldest surviving music hall.
- Scheduled tours take place every Saturday from 11am.
Glasgow’s Music Mile
- From the site of the late, lamented Apollo to King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut – the birthplace of Oasis – Glasgow’s Music Mile tour is a whistle-stop guide around the city centre, an area teeming with music venues past and present.
- Scheduled tours take place every Saturday from 2pm.
See your city in a new light
- Whether you are a hardcore gig-goer or simply keen to see a little of the city’s famous music scene, Glasgow Music City Tours will strike a chord with young and old.
- These walking tours of Glasgow’s music scene make amazing gifts.
- They are also ideal for showing visitors a different side of the city.
- Since launching in 2015, Glasgow Music City Tours have earned plenty of applause on TripAdvisor with a fantastic, combined rating of 5/5 from more than 300 reviews. These are extracts from longer reviews:
- ‘Wonderful tour. Guide was really brilliant, so knowledgeable and entertained us with great music stories. We laughed a lot and interacting with the others in our group was so much fun. After all the isolation of Covid it really cheered us up! Made us so proud of Glasgow which we love… Learned so much… Can’t recommend it highly enough.’ Rating 5/5
- ‘Tourists in our own town. A must do for any music fan. My friend and I are Glasgow natives and even we learned something new. It was really great to see our city from a different perspective…
The tour takes in some of the brightest and best locations Glasgow has to offer. From the beautiful Georgian buildings to the urban street art there’s plenty on offer for anyone wanting to see the city.’ Rating 5/5
- ‘Excellent opportunity to see Glasgow with fresh eyes, especially if you’re a music lover. Great history of the music scene.’ Rating 5/5
This Handpicked Deal is for 2 people to take the scheduled Merchant City Music or Music Mile tour. Both people must take same tour on same date.
Merchant City Music tours run Saturdays at 11am.
Glasgow’s Music Mile tours run Saturdays at 2pm.
Valid until 24.09.22, and must be booked by 01.09.22 at latest or risk purchase being invalidated. 24 hours advance booking required.
Merchant City Music tour is unavailable on 16.07.22.
Booking instructions are detailed on the purchase email.
Tours have a duration of approx 2 hours and each cover around 1.3 miles.
All weather clothing and comfortable, flat shoes are recommended. There will be stairs.
Due to licensing restrictions, children must be aged 14 or older for Glasgow’s Music Mile.
Multiple purchases permitted.
Routes and venues subject to change.
Subject to availability and allocation. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 12.05.22.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.