We’re not going to start this Big Deal from Madha restaurant with one of our usual cheesy curry puns.
Instead, we’re going to dive straight into some of the amazing reviews that this recently opened Merchant City restaurant has earned.
This is from Joanna Blythman’s review in the Sunday Herald:
‘We can’t believe our luck. I’d be delighted to find a restaurant this good in India, yet Madha is on our doorstep.’
She gave Madha 10/10. Which happens about as often as a blue moon.
Writing in The Sun, Tam Cowan was just as impressed. ‘A fabulous feast in lovely surroundings,’ was Tam’s verdict. He ranked the food 10/10.
And it’s not just the papers that have been raving about Madha. On TripAdvisor, it has an average of five stars out of five from 140 reviews.
Madha: the real deal
- Today’s Big Deal is the perfect opportunity to try the family-run Madha and see if it is the real deal.
- Available from noon to 9.30pm, Monday to Thursday, and in the afternoons on Fridays and Saturday, the offer is for two people to each have a starter, main course and side dish from the a la carte menu.
- The offer includes starters up the value of £5 each and main courses up to the value of £13 each.
- That covers a wide range of dishes on the Madha main menu. Diners who want access to all of the dishes are welcome to pay the difference direct to the restaurant on the day.
North and South Indian specialities
- The chef brigade at Madha is equally split between chefs from North and South India so diners can try authentic dishes from each of these regional, culinary powerhouses.
- From chicken breast in roast coconut gravy to Keralan lamb options, there are plenty of choices for the carnivore.
- Put another way, if chicken tikka masala no longer cuts the mustard for you, Madha has plenty of more exotic alternatives to try.
- Veggies and vegans are exceptionally well catered for at Madha.
- Everything is made from scratch. This means you may have to wait while the chefs prepare your dish but, if Joanna and Tam are anything to go by, it will be worth every second.