Handpicked for you – curated deals for 5pm customers
Love Glasgow? Love music?
Make like Aerosmith and walk this way.
Glasgow Music City Tours have collected Glasgow’s musical myths, tall tales and wicked rumours.
Have you heard about the Barrowland star falling on David ‘The Starman’ Bowie?
What about the legend of Lou Reed’s one song Apollo set?
Alex Harvey being Framed? Glasgow council’s punk wars?
Buckle up your blue suede walking shoes and hear the full story with today’s Handpicked Deal from Glasgow Music City Tours.
- Valid for Saturday tours from 17th April until 11th September 2021, this Big Deal is for two people to take a scheduled two hour tour.
- Choose between the Merchant City Music – Past and Present tour or the Music Mile tour of the city centre. Excludes the Music Mile tour on 10th July.
Irreverent and informative tours
- Led by guides with years of experience in Glasgow’s music scene, the tours deliver an irreverent, informative look at the city’s iconic bands, the famous venues they played and the incendiary performances which became legends in their own show time.
- With tales ranging from music hall to modern day, the tours offer something for every music fan, from folkie to punk.
- Of course, guests are encouraged to share their own memories of great gigs. The best stories might just end up in the tours.
Merchant City Music – Past and Present
- Walking the oldest streets of Glasgow, the Merchant City tour has stories of cherished venues such as the mighty Barrowland Ballroom and the venerable Britannia Panopticon – the world’s oldest surviving music hall.
- Scheduled tours take place every Saturday from 11am.
Glasgow’s Music Mile
- From the site of the late, lamented Apollo to King Tut’s Wah Wah Hut – the birthplace of Oasis – Glasgow’s Music Mile tour is a whistle-stop guide around the city centre, an area teeming with music venues past and present.
- Scheduled tours take place every Saturday from 2pm.
- Where possible, tours will visit our partner venues such as the Britannia Panopticon, Nice ‘n’ Sleazy and King Tut’s. This may not always be possible but our guides will always have all the best stories from them.
See your city in a new light
- These walking tours of Glasgow’s music scene make amazing presents.
- Whether you are a hardcore gig-goer or simply keen to see a little of the city’s famous music scene, Glasgow Music City Tours will strike a chord with young and old.
- They are also ideal for showing visitors a different side of the city.
Glasgow Music City Tours have had plenty of applause on TripAdvisor with a fantastic, combined rating of 5/5 from more than 300 reviews. These are extracts from longer reviews:
‘Best tour in Glasgow. This is the second Glasgow City Music Tour we have done and they are great. The tour leaders are incredibly knowledgeable and personable and I would thoroughly recommend the tours. Having lived in Glasgow for many years… we had actually been inside some of the venues which no longer exist so it was lovely to take a trip down memory lane. A great way to spend an afternoon. Enjoyed the walking tour, our guide was great fun and really knew her stuff. Thoroughly recommended.’ Rating 5/5
‘Fantastic. I did the Merchant City tour as I had just moved into the area. Fiona has extensive knowledge on Glasgow and the music scene. Thoroughly enjoyed myself, and will recommend! I went by myself and had a great time, but this would also be good for couples, family (teens), friends and business.’ Rating 5/5