7 dish tasting menu for 2
3 starters, 3 mains & 2 sides
Excellent vegan & vegetarian options
Loved by 5pm customers
Indian tasting menu for 2
- A mainstay of Indian cuisine in Glasgow’s south side since 1971, Ashoka provides great Indian cuisine in a relaxed, cosy atmosphere.
- Available until the end of July, today’s Big Deal is for two people to share three starters, three mains and two sides from a set tasting menu:
- Lamb mint kebab – lamb mince, mint, whole spice and ginger tossed in a spicy-tangy sauce
- Bharwa aloo – scooped fried potato shells stuffed with mash potato, nuts and spices
- Momos – dumplings stuffed with chicken mince and served with a spicy red sauce
- Kathi roll – kebab and vegetables rolled into a soft flaky flatbread and topped with spicy-tangy chutney, sliced pepper and onion
- Dal kachori – deep fried breads with ground dal sautéed along with spices and filled into a cover of Maida and baking powder
- Lahori fish – strips of fish deep fried in authentic South Asian spices
- Malabari – curry with coconut milk, south Indian spices and finished with fried curry leaves, mustard seed and whole dried red chilli
- Kandhari – your choice of meat / vegetarian alternative marinated in yoghurt and spices, simmered in a creamy sauce infused with spices
- Kolhapuri – spicy curry made with dry coconut, sesame seeds and whole dried red chillies
- Lababdar – creamy and mild curry with onions, tomatoes, cashews and spices
- Dhaba curry – a spicy and fragrant curry inspired by Dhaba’s roadside restaurants
- The dishes above can be made with your choice of seasonal veg, paneer, chicken breast, prawns, chicken tikka, lamb, fish or king prawns.
- Kashmiri khatte baingan – a vegetable curry made using aubergine, tamarind, ginger and chilli
- Desi Chana Masala – chickpea curry made using onions, tomatoes, ginger, garlic and peppers
- Aloo Soya Bean – North Indian recipe consists of potatoes and soya beans with traditional spices
- Saag – choose from potatoes, tofu or paneer with a spinach base combined with a host of spices
- Tarka Sal – lentil curry with seasonal veg cooked in onion tomato gravy
- Sides include a choice of coconut, lemon or chilli garlic fried rice or plain naan
Loved by 5pm customers
- If you like great Indian food this is the place to go, my first visit and the food was great, staff are very friendly and welcoming and we had a great time. 5/5
- We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. The food was excellent and staff very friendly and attentive. Definitely be back! 5/5
Valid from 28.04.22 until 31.07.22.
Bookings must be made by 11.07.22 at latest or risk forfeit of purchase.
Available at the following times:
Sun-Mon & Wed-Fri 4pm-10pm;
Not available Tuesdays.
Unavailable on 19.06.22.
The Big Deal is for 2 people to share 3 starters, 3 mains and 2 sides from a set tasting menu.
Menu may be subject to change.
Supplements apply for the following items: chicken tikka (£1); lamb (£1.50); king prawn & fish (£2.95) – payable directly to the restaurant.
Vegan, vegetarian & gluten/wheat-free options are available – please advise at the time of booking.
Advance booking of at least 24 hours required via 5pm Online Redemption.
24 hour cancellation policy applies. Failure to provide sufficient notice may invalidate purchase.
Multiple purchases permitted. Max 2 (4 people) per table.
Tables required back by 1 hour 30 minutes.
Children permitted until 10pm.
Wheelchair access available.
Printed or electronic copy of order email must be presented on arrival.
Subject to allocation and availability. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 26.04.22.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.