Vivaldi – The Four Seasons by Candlelight
Plus music from Bach, Corelli, Telemann and Handel
Edinburgh’s stunning St Giles’ Cathedral
Acclaimed chamber music ensemble
Christmas Baroque option available
Imagine… you are in a gothic cathedral lit by flickering candlelight, holding your breath in anticipation. It’s so quiet that you could hear a pin drop.
Then the conductor takes his place, raises his baton and the room is filled with the opening notes of Vivaldi’s masterpiece…
Back by popular demand, The Four Seasons by Candlelight at St Giles’ Cathedral is a truly spine-tingling experience. And with this Big Deal, you can be a part of it all.
An evening to remember
- This Big Deal is brought to you by London Concertante, one of the finest chamber music ensembles in the country.
- Over three dates, you are invited to their atmospheric candlelit chamber music event at St Giles’ Cathedral on the Royal Mile.
- The performances on Friday 15th October and Friday 12th November will feature Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, as well as Corelli’s Concerto Grosso Op. 6 No. 4, Telemann’s Viola Concerto and Bach’s Concerto for Two Violins.
- If you want to feel extra Chrismassy, the Friday 3rd December performance – Christmas Baroque by Candlelight – will feature Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons, as well as Corelli’s Christmas Concerto, Handel’s Messiah Overture and Bach’s Violin Concerto in A minor.
- You will have a choice of AA, A, B or C band tickets for each date.
Critically acclaimed ensemble
- With a stunning selection of recordings plus tours of the UK, Europe and the USA, London Concertante are right at the forefront of classical music in Britain.
- Yet this friendly ensemble keeps things light and accessible by chatting and joking with the audience.
- You can take a sneak peak of a Vivaldi’s Four Seasons being performed here.
Fantastic gift for a music fan
- This Big Deal is an opportunity to lose yourself in the magic of timeless music in the spectacular candlelit setting of a Gothic cathedral.
- And whether you’re a classical music buff or totally new to it all, you’ll soon be swept up into the atmosphere of this special event.
Rave reviews from critics
- ‘Drum-tight. This is superb playing’ — The Scotsman
- ‘First class musicians…the muscle in each individual’s playing gave such a punch…extraordinary’ — Sunday Express
Options 1-4 are for 1 ticket for London Concertante: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons on Friday 15th October at 8pm.
Options 5-8 are for 1 ticket for London Concertante: Vivaldi – The Four Seasons on Friday 12th November at 7.30pm.
Options 9-12 are for 1 ticket for London Concertante: Christmas Baroque by Candlelight on Friday 3rd December at 7.30pm.
Options 1, 5 & 9 are band AA seating (premium seating).
Options 2, 6 & 10 are band A seating (front nave).
Options 3, 7 & 11 are band B seating (side nave).
Options 4, 8 & 12 are band C seating (very restricted view).
Seating is unreserved and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets are available to collect at the venue from 7.15pm (15th Oct) or 6.30pm (12th Nov, 3rd Dec) on the evening of the show.
Purchases are non-transferable and non-refundable unless the show is cancelled.
Multiple purchases are permitted.
Wheelchair access available.
Dress code is smart casual.
Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
Please print your email and bring along with you to avoid disappointment.
Purchase is not exchangeable for cash or valid with any other offers.
Subject to availability and allocation.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 30.09.21.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.