Harry Potter walking tour for 2
Explore Edinburgh’s Potter sights
Get a unique souvenir
Test your knowledge with a quiz
Try out the Sorting Hat
Enter into a world of magic
Know anyone who wishes that they’d gone to Hogwarts? (You can usually tell by the pointy hat they keep hidden at the back of their wardrobe).
We’ve got the perfect gift for them. Why not give them the full wizarding experience with an atmospheric Harry Potter Walking Tour of Edinburgh?
The tour is for two people and will include a souvenir, quiz and even a chance to try out the magic Sorting Hat.
Wizards, wands and winding streets
- The See Your City Ultimate Harry Potter Walking Tour is a chance to enter a world of magic by exploring various sights from the Harry Potter book and films.
- Available until the 30th March, the group will get to visit the locations of their favourite scenes up close, including the hidden entrance to Hogwarts (which is, of course, invisible to Muggles).
- They will also explore the inspirational winding streets of Edinburgh’s Old Town and see the spot where J.K. Rowling wrote her books.
- But this is more than just a walking tour – participants get to be a part of the action as well.
Enter into the story
- For instance, they will get to find out if they are a Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw or Slytherin once and for all by trying out the Sorting Hat.
- Then they will be given a chance to re-enact some favourite Harry Potter scenes.
- And throughout the tour, their knowledge will be tested with a quiz, giving them the chance to earn points for their House.
- They will even get to use their apprentice wizarding skills by casting spells to outwit the guide.
- Finally, they will be given a unique souvenir to treasure forever.
- In other words, they will get the Harry Potter experience they’ve always wished for. And as this tour is for two people, you can even join in the adventure with them…
Explore enchanted Edinburgh
- Tours run at noon on Saturdays, Sundays and Wednesdays. Participants will be met by their wizardly guide at the William Chambers Monument.
- They will then be taken on a winding journey of mysterious Edinburgh, including the fictional entrance to Hogwarts, the original Diagon Alley and Castlehill, the burial ground of ‘he who must not be named.’
- The tour will also take in the dark and mysterious corners that inspired J.K. Rowling to create her magical universe. These include the historic Royal Mile, atmospheric Edinburgh Castle, Princes Street and Waverley.
- By the end, tourers will not only have explored the world of Harry Potter first-hand but will also have learned a lot more about the author and Edinburgh too.
- The tour will take two hours in total, so comfy shoes are advised (alternatively, bring along a Nimbus 2000).
Happy Harry Potter lovers
- The See Your City Harry Potter Walking Tour has earned rave reviews on TripAdvisor. Here are some recent ones:
‘This tour was great! Monique did such a great job and really made it enjoyable!! Definitely do this tour!’
‘I grew up with Harry Potter so I had to do the tour and dragged my boyfriend with me. We both were absolutely blown away by our guides passion for this tour (at this point: thanks to our guide Liv, you were absolutely wonderful!). Even my boyfriend who didn’t read any of the books was very happy we attended the tour. From Tom Riddle’s grave to the actual café where J.K. Rowling wrote the books – you just hang on the guide’s lips and learn so much more beyond the common knowledge about the books. I would do this tour every time I’m back in Edinburgh!’
‘I took the tour with my 3 sons – 9, 16 and 17 years old. Monique was a great tour guide. Very enthusiastic, informative and interesting. We all enjoyed it.’