One of the trickiest challenges of the hospitality industry is creating a great local pub that is impressive enough to make visitors drive 30 miles or so to sample its delights.
That’s the achievement of the Crown & Kitchen, situated in the pretty East Lothian village of East Linton, and already a popular culinary destination for the cognoscenti of classy pub dining.
Find out why with today’s Big Deal, offering an overnight stay with optional dinner in this charming hostelry.
- Proprietor Billy Robertson put a great deal of love and plenty of hard work into restoring his father’s village local. The aim has been to retain the welcome of a village pub, with great food and comfortable, contemporary rooms.
- Available seven days, option one of the Big Deal offers an overnight stay for two in a double room at the Crown & Kitchen, with full Scottish breakfast. Option two adds a two course meal for two from the dinner menu, and a glass of wine, Prosecco, bottled beer or soft drink for each diner.
- The four individually styled guest rooms have a contemporary boutique hotel feel and come with king-size beds, private ensuite bathroom, free WiFi and Freeview TV.
- Using fresh local produce, the menu at the Crown & Kitchen mixes traditional pub classics with some contemporary, cosmopolitan dishes, cheffy touches and imaginative vegetarian options.
- Starters include the ham hock terrine with apricot chutney and toasted sea salt bread or the skirlie dumplings.
- Mains feature choices such as the black pudding and beef brisket stovies or the cullen skink with crispy egg and pea shoots.
- For dessert, there will be dishes such as the sticky toffee pudding or cheesecake of the day.
The Crown & Kitchen has picked up enthusiastic praise from customers on TripAdvisor, this is a recent review, edited for length:
‘Stayed one night and it was fantastic. The room was very clean and beautifully decorated, it even had a coffee machine. We had dinner in the pub downstairs and it was lovely.’
To check availability prior to purchase, please visit the Crown & Kitchen’s 5pm profile here.