Overnight stay in 4 star hotel
Option to include £25 per person dinner allowance
Full Scottish breakfast
Use of spa facilities included*
Next to Championship golf course
Let’s face it – Carnoustie is a golf town.
We haven’t checked the coat of arms recently but we suspect it may consist of a seven-iron rampant against a field of bunker gold.
Say what you like about golfers (no, really), but they know a decent hotel when they see one, which is why the Carnoustie Golf Hotel enjoys an exalted reputation amongst aficionados of the driver and pitching wedge.
You don’t even have to be a player to enjoy its splendid facilities. Today’s Big Deal offers the chance to try them out with a one or two night stay at this excellent hotel in the charming Angus seaside town.
- The four star Carnoustie Golf Hotel is situated next to the first tee and the 18th green of the famous Carnoustie Golf Links Championship Course, home of many a dramatic winning putt.
- Many of the hotel’s 96 rooms offer views over the course, or, if you prefer, over the charming seaside town of Carnoustie. Golfing guests can also pit their skills against the adjacent Burnside Course plus the nearby Buddon Links.
Get into the swing
- Available 7 days a week, the Big Deal option one is for two people to enjoy a one night stay in a standard twin or double room and a bottle of wine in the bar or restaurant.
- Option two is for two people to stay overnight with a £25 per person dinner spend on food only.
- Both options include a full Scottish breakfast. All guests have full use of the spa’s leisure facilities*.
On arrival, subject to availability, guests may be able to upgrade to a golf view room for £20 per night.
Extensive spa facilities
- Carnoustie is not just about the golf. The hotel’s extensive spa facilities are also a big attraction, offering plenty of opportunities to relax and soothe away the frustrations of that hooked drive at the 18th.
- Choose from the wide range of spa treatments (not included in the offer price) or enjoy the large heated swimming pool, sauna, whirlpool, steam room and, for the more energetic, a fully equipped gymnasium. (Only available in adherence with government guidelines – please check with hotel prior to arrival about facilities)
The Carnoustie Golf Hotel has no shortage of positive feedback on TripAdvisor. These are recent comments, edited for length:
‘Anniversary treat… venue steeped in tradition. Room was very cosy. Food was excellent and great value for money. Staff were all pleasant and helpful and appeared to be pretty happy at work looking after us… Very relaxing break even with weddings going on in the hotel. Very well managed to ensure everyone had a nice time.’
‘Nicely situated near the sea. We’re not golfers, but this is a nice hotel for everyone. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and the hotel is very centrally located. Excellent for exploring the surrounding area… Food in the restaurant and wine by the glass is delicious, if a little expensive, but hey, it’s a holiday… We only stayed one night but we would go back. The room we had was a little tired decor-wise, but I believe renovations are under way.’
- Even if you are the kind of golf refusenik who thinks a mashie is something you have with sausages, the Carnoustie Golf Hotel is a tempting destination for a relaxing break. For a golf-lover, it’s the perfect choice.
- It is also an opportunity to discover this attractive stretch of Scotland’s east coast.
To check availability prior to purchase, please visit the hotel’s 5pm profile here.