Award-winning Borders inn
Ideal romantic break destination
Bottle of wine included
Available seven days
When another Summer in the city has taken its toll on your generally cheery personality, it’s time to contemplate a Winter break. In the USA that means being loud and annoying in Florida, but in Scotland we do things in a more refined way.
Today’s Big Deal offers a break for the Borders in the form of a relaxing stay in the Buccleuch Arms in attractive St. Boswells. Just to keep the civilised theme going, there’s a bottle of wine included.
- Available seven days a week (although weekend availability is limited), today’s Big Deal offers an overnight stay for two in a classic double or twin room, with full Scottish breakfast, and a bottle of wine on arrival.
- Comfortable and traditional guest rooms are individually-styled, featuring en-suite bathrooms with smart Liberty & Green toiletries.
- The Buccleuch Arms pays great attention to its food sourcing, working closely with local suppliers. There are plenty of options to tempt guests to dine at the inn.
- The Blue Coo Bistrot specialises in Aberdeen Angus steaks from the Scottish Borders offering cuts of thick rib, bullet and rump.
- The relaxed bar also offers popular pub classics and the Buccleuch’s own burgers, using more of that exemplary beef.
Out and about
- This is Scott Country and even those whose knowledge of the writer is limited to schooldays struggles with Ivanhoe will appreciate a visit to Sir Walter’s home, the nearby Abbotsford House, with its formal gardens and tranquil woodlands.
- St. Boswells is an attractive village on the Tweed and nearby Melrose is a charming place to explore, with local shops and the romantic ruins of the Abbey.
The Buccleuch Arms has been acclaimed by industry insiders but also by paying customers, as the reams of positive feedback on TripAdvisor demonstrate. This recent contribution has been edited for length:
‘This wonderful hotel has such a warm, welcoming atmosphere that makes you feel at home. The rooms are spotlessly clean & comfortable. Dinner is served in the bar or the Bistrot and the food is amazing.’
To check availability prior to purchase, please visit the hotel’s 5pm profile here.
Valid from 13.08.20 until 31.05.21.
Available 7 days a week. Weekend availability is limited.
Unavailable on the following dates:
31.12.20 – 02.01.21;
12.02.21 – 14.02.21.
The Big Deal is for 2 people to stay overnight in a classic double or twin room with full Scottish breakfast + bottle of wine on arrival.
Upgrade to a superior room for £20 per night, subject to availability. Please discuss directly with the hotel.
Check-in from 3pm; check-out by 11am.
Multiple purchases permitted and may be used on consecutive nights.
Children welcome. £20 per child, per night supplement applies, with meals charged at £22 per child. Max 2 children per room.
Sorry, no pets.
There is no disabled access at the hotel.
Large on-site car park available.
All supplements are payable directly to the hotel.
Advance booking of at least 24 hours required via 5pm Online Redemption.
24 hour cancellation policy applies. Failure to provide sufficient notice may invalidate purchase.
Subject to availability and allocation. The beginning and end of validity period is often busiest. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Images used for illustrative purposes only.
Verified using our offer partner’s pricing on 12.08.20.
Please refer to our Ts&Cs for full information.