Afternoon tea for 2
Choice of traditional or club teas
Optional glass of fizz each
Beautiful country house hotel in 300-acre Ayrshire estate
Lovely idea for a gift
Very important question – when it comes to scones, should it be jam first then cream, or cream then jam?
There is no wrong answer. We won’t judge you, honestly.
But if you can’t quite decide what’s best, then today’s Big Deal on a country house afternoon tea gives you a chance to experiment with both methods.
Best of all, you can even jazz up your afternoon tea up with fizz and hot food.
- Enterkine House Hotel is a four-star country house getaway set on a 300-acre Ayrshire estate. An ideal setting for sandwiches, scones and scandalous gossip, then.
- It is also only a 40-minute drive from Glasgow, making it easy to get to for a day out visiting Burns Country. Also, did we mention that they have real log fires?
Afternoon tea for two
- Available seven days from 1pm until 4pm, this Big Deal gives you plenty of afternoon tea options. Option one is for a traditional afternoon tea for two. Option two adds on a glass of fizz each.
- Option three is for a club afternoon tea for two, which includes hot items. Option four adds on a glass of fizz each.
- The traditional afternoon tea will include a range of sandwiches; Enterkine’s own scones with jam & cream, and mini cakes. Menus can change, but strawberry tartlets, chocolate mousse cake, lemon drizzle cakes and macarons may all make an appearance.
- The club afternoon tea is a much more heated affair (oo-er) and will probably include mini sliders, mini pies, Cajun chicken wraps, soup tasters and mini cakes.
- Both will be served with a generous amount of coffee or a wide range of teas.
Delighted tea drinkers
Enterkine House Hotel has lots of fans on TripAdvisor. Here is a snippet of a review from a guest who thoroughly enjoyed her afternoon tea:
‘We had the most wonderful afternoon tea spent in a superb location. The whole experience was how an afternoon tea should be. Tea served in lovely china cups and saucers with an array of wonderful savoury brioche rolls, scones with jam, clotted cream and butter… The selection of cakes and macaroons was a sumptuous delight. It was amazing. Fresh tea was served after we had finished the first pot, nothing was a bother to the staff… Superb afternoon.’ 5/5