Watched over by a misty medieval castle on a hill, Dundonald is a charming Ayrshire village tucked away between Kilmarnock and Troon.
And from a secret smugglers trail to a beach just a few minutes drive away, there’s quite a bit to see as well.
So why not make a day of it with this Big Deal for a tasty lunch at the historic Auchans?
Rustic dining spot
- The Auchans is a charming family-run restaurant in Dundonald. Original features such as stone walls and oak beams create an atmospheric vibe for a meal.
- The menu is a combination of Scottish classics with added European flair plus a few international favourites, all featuring fresh local produce.
- Try it out with this Big Deal for a two course set menu meal for two, available Monday to Saturday. Option one is for two courses, option two adds on a glass of wine or beer each.
What’s on the menu?
Smoked salmon & prawn cocktail with Marie Rose sauce
Chicken liver parfait with red onion chutney and toasted crusty bread
Battered haggis fritters with beer & onion purée and herb salad
Homemade falafels with smashed avocado, cherry salsa and herb salad
Auchans steak pie with pastry, seasonal vegetables and creamy mashed potatoes
Beer-battered fish & chips with tartare sauce, mushy peas and a lemon wedge
Mixed bean chilli with coriander, avocado & lime dip and toasted flatbread
Chicken tempura with a sweet chillii dipping sauce, garlic mayo, Asian slaw and fries
Day out in Ayrshire
- With the beach just a short drive away plus golfing and castles nearby, you could turn this Big Deal into a scenic day out for spring or summer.
- In fact, why not buy multiples and enjoy a relaxing Saturday lunch with the whole family?
Strong TripAdvisor reviews
- ‘Had really lovely lunch here. I had a burger which was delicious and huge. The rest of our party all said their dishes were lovely. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Decor and atmosphere really nice.’