1, 2 or 3 night stay in romantic drovers’ inn
Valid 7 days a week
Stunning views over Loch Craignish
2 hours’ drive from Glasgow
Trip Advisor Excellence awards 5 years in a row
A small, perfectly formed and lovingly restored 17th century drovers inn, The Galley of Lorne takes its name from the Symbol of Somerled, Lord of Lorne, King of the Western Isles.
He may sound like a Game of Thrones character but Somerled was the man who kicked the Vikings out.
These days, visitors can look forward to a much warmer West Coast welcome.
Explore the dramatic Argyll coastline – longships optional – with today’s Big Deal from the gorgeous Galley of Lorne in Ardfern.
The family-run inn features friendly and welcoming staff; menus packed with stunning local produce; some fifty or so connoisseur whiskies; a tempting wine list and a cracking selection of real ales.
Add in a beautiful loch side location close to Oban and Lochgilphead and it is easy to see why the Galley of Lorne is considered a West Coast gem.
Full Scottish breakfast
- Available seven days a week, this Big Deal is for two people to enjoy a one, two or three night stay in a standard twin or double room at The Galley of Lorne Inn.
- Their infamous Highlander full Scottish breakfast will be served in the morning to set you up for a day of adventure.
- If a belly buster isn’t your thing then guests can choose from a wide selection of lighter breakfast dishes such as Smoke on the Water – a locally landed, naturally smoked haddie poached in buttered milk and topped with a poached egg.
Standard double or twin room
- Bedrooms are well set up for a comfortable stay with LCD TV, satellite Freeview channels, iPod docking facility, free WiFi, hospitality tray and a comprehensive guest information book.
- For a £15 supplement per night, there is the option to upgrade to the Skye suite which, as well as boasting stunning views over Loch Craignish to the Isle of Jura, also has a large corner bath with an overhead shower.
One of TripAdvisor’s most highly rated inns on the West Coast, The Galley has, at the time of writing, over 500 Excellent ratings and has been awarded the prestigious TripAdvisor excellence award every year since 2011.
It certainly has plenty of fans. This recent guest enjoyed their stay:
‘Lovely accommodation, great location. Food was fantastic, the place was quaint, beautiful and full of lovely characters and the rooms were all you could need for. The staff are friendly and professional but, if you want a chat, they’re your people… We have visited The Galley of Lorne twice now and would definitely make it a third. Went on some lovely walks and drives. The country around Ardfern is rich and varied and full of splendour… Loved it every time we’ve been.’