1) On arrival I made sure the staff knew we'd booked on 5pm. 5pm offer stated 'Average price for 2 courses is GBP 16 per person.' This is not true. Starters were around £7 each, and mains around £16 each. False advertising?
2) Steak was the saving grace as was delicious.
3) The fish cake starter (£6) was tiny, and only ok-tasting. I do better at home.
4) Cullen starter (£6.75) was meant to be haddock, but tasted just like potato & leek soup. Not recommended if you're expecting a haddock cullen.
5) Haggis and tempura prawn starter (£7.50) was oily. Not recommended.
6) Cod & chips main (£13.75) was tiny child-sized portion and most disappointing. Not recommended.
7) Venison casserole main (£16) tasted like beef stew and was ok.
8) Chicken Chetty curry was ok but I would not rush back for it.
9) Ordered 2 Raspberry Mojitos - both delicious but the first was a large glass and the 2nd a small glass - about half the quantity. Charged £8.50 for each.
10) Mango salad starter (£7) was ok.
Was this review helpful Yes
Shelley Gilbert - 02/01/2015