Are you ready to get into shape and create a healthier, fitter you? If weight loss or physical fitness is high on your priorities list, fitness clubs are a great place to start. Depending on your fitness goals, there are plenty of other ways to get into shape and lose weight, with or without a gym.
What Are Your Fitness Goals?
It’s easy enough to decide to get fit and to set fitness goals, but only you can determine the best approach for you. Most people begin a fitness regimen in order to:
- Build strength, build muscle mass, or improve muscle tone
- Run a marathon or complete another specific athletic event
All of these goals and more are possible with various fitness programs. Whether you decide on a gym, a health club, or a different fitness program entirely will depend on your individual goals, limitations, and preferences.
Health Clubs, Gyms and Other Fitness Programs
There are gyms and health clubs everywhere, offering everything from personal training, exercise rooms, and pools and saunas to exercise classes of all kinds. If you’re interested in getting fit and losing weight, the following are some of the most popular options:
- Conventional Gyms: Work out on state-of-the-art exercise equipment, in Olympic-sized swimming pools, and more. Impressive results are possible, but even with a personal trainer this can be a very solitary form of exercise.
- Circuit Training Clubs: Rotate through a series of different exercises and equipment in short intervals to optimize weight loss, boost overall fitness, and maintain interest and motivation.
- Running Clubs: This is a very social way to get fit, usually requiring you to meet up with your running group on a pre-determined day and time.
- Spinning Classes: Spinning (or stationary cycling) classes are a fun, active way to get fit in an organized group setting.
- Yoga and Pilates: These two forms of body-mind exercise are extremely popular right now, and growing in demand week after week. Classes range from beginner levels to pre- and post-natal to active and challenging, so there’s something for everyone.
Why put off until tomorrow what you could be burning and toning today? Browse 5pm.co.uk’s fitness and exercise listings to find the perfect fitness program for you. For specific details, visit our resources on health clubs and gyms.