If your face is looking haggard, tired, or dry and could use a little bit of TLC, a facial is your best solution. A professional facial treatment will exfoliate, scrub, cleanse, and revitalize your face with moisturisers, acne treatments, and natural ingredients that nourish the skin. There’s no better way to rejuvenate your skin and give yourself a relaxing break as part of a spa day, salon visit, or girls’ day out.
Who Gets a Facial?
Facials are among the most popular of all spa treatments, with millions of people indulging in natural and chemical facial treatments each year. They can be used to treat acne, revitalize dry skin, as an anti-ageing solution, or just for relaxation and overall wellness. Although most facials are obtained by women, some are designed just for men’s skin.
Some of the benefits you can expect to see after a good facial include:
- Fewer pimples and blackheads
- Disappearance of visible pores
- Better elasticity and less puffiness or sagging
Types of Facials
There are hundreds of different kinds of facials, from natural clay and herbal masks to treatments that include real gold, caviar, or other luxury ingredients. Most aestheticians and spas offer a wide range of facial treatments:
- Cleansing: Deep pore cleansing helps to remove the dirt, oils, and bacteria that cause acne and oily skin.
- Collagen: A collagen facial may include deep cleansing and other vitamins, but the focus is on the addition of collagen to revitalize the skin and achieve a more youthful look.
- Aromatherapy: Essential oils smell wonderful, and they’re terrific for your skin. These herbal extracts are usually mixed with natural oils and
massaged into your face for a deeply relaxing facial.
- Clay Mask: Clay contains minerals that nourish the skin and restore dry, tired, or sagging skin to its youthful appearance.
- Antioxidants and Anti-ageing: These speciality facials use antioxidants and vitamins that fight ageing.
These are just a few of the many facials you can get at quality salons and spas.
What to Expect From Your First Facial
If you’ve never had a facial before, you’re in for a treat! Relax as your face is gently massaged, moisturised, and cleansed. Facials are the most popular of the range of beauty services offered by most spas, and you’ll find most aestheticians eager and willing to talk about the work they do and walk you through the entire procedure – or you can just sit back, relax, and enjoy it!
For more information about facial treatments in your area, visit our facials and salons resource page.